Monday, October 15, 2012

One Joy Fits All

I was sweating by the time I sat down from singing at church last night, because I was so filled with joy that I could hardly keep from moving this body in praise –arms lifted high.  Good things happened in my life this week, and I couldn’t quite figure out how to get enough energy into my singing to match how I was feeling inside.

   

But as I was singing I realized I had felt this joy before.   

Felt it when my husband was sick after his trip to Africa –when God showed Himself present in my deepest pain.  Felt it when I got laid off from my job a few weeks ago –because I knew, I just knew God was going to take care of me.  Felt it when my sweet grandmas passed away –because I had hope they were with Jesus. 

One joy for all situations. 

Somehow I feel my joy in this good week is intensified because it isn’t just a shallow reaction to pleasant events.  It’s a long-term, disciplined obedience that sweetens my relationship with God. 

I know this coming week will have trials.  Nothing stays hunky dory forever on this earth.  And I’m planning on rejoicing in the Lord.
 
Christy Fitzwater is a pastor’s wife in Kalispell, Montana.  To get to know her more visit christyfitzwater.com.
 

1 comment:

  1. Music is my favorite way to show gratitude and express my joy...

    It's amazing how different our lives are when we fill them with joy :)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Tell us what you think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...